Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

I don't normally care about Valentines day. It has never been a big deal in our house. We do normally give to the kids. I am however struggling this year with the idea. The thought that after 20 years I no longer have my husband here to celebrate it. That is hard. Even added to it is the knowledge that he plans to take her out this evening. That just really stinks.

My children made me cards for the day. I am planning on going to the store tomorrow to see what kind of left over candy I can get for them. They are in it just for the candy.

The first part of this day was very hard. I was given a chance to sleep this morning and doing normal day things has helped this afternoon.

I am so thankful to have Jesus as my savior. This road is so hard and I can not even begin to know how much harder it would be if I did not have God in my life. Knowing God as my husband who will never leave me is a comfort for me.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE retain an attorney to obtain child and spousal support for you and your children! There are women's centers who can recommend pro bono (free) lawyers for women who have been out of the workforce due to SAHM/W duties. See if your state will consider the adultery in the divorce process.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you are someone walking in the shadows of an affair I do hope that you have found some encouragement. If you just know someone who is dealing with these issues, I do hope that you can find a little more understanding.