Wednesdays are hard days emotionally in our home. It is the day "Daddy" comes to visit. He may also come on Sundays, but so far that hasn't worked out as well.
At least 2 of the kids have said to me that they notice that they have noticed mood changes since Daddy has left. One said he noticed that in general he is more angry and cries more. I told him that it was perfectly normal to feel that way and that he was hurting and that I was glad that he saw that he had those emotions and to make sure he talked to me so that we could deal with them together.
An older child said she noticed that on Wednesdays after his visit she felt her mood change too. She said she felt more depressed. Last week her attitude was pretty bad, today it doesn't seem nearly as bad.
Last week I had tried to stay here while he was here, today I didn't even try. Although I did spend time with him at the store (he has a car and brought my groceries back to my house for me) I didn't stay with him long and we didn't talk much, except about the food he was buying. I was then able to go hang out with a friend and already have plans with another friend for next week.
I feel better about having had to deal with him today, not sure if it was cause I knew it wouldn't be long or because I went and talked to my counselor last night, but either way it helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you are someone walking in the shadows of an affair I do hope that you have found some encouragement. If you just know someone who is dealing with these issues, I do hope that you can find a little more understanding.