This moving forward is definitely a one step forward 2 sometimes 3 steps back. Every once in a while I will take 3 steps forward and maybe only 1 step back. Sometimes I don't move at all. It has been 9 months since my husband left the house to go be with his girlfriend. Our marriage started crumbling before that while I knew something was going on I was not aware how bad things would get soon.
A year ago at this time I understood that my husband's relationship with the woman he now lives with was crossing lines, he was getting more and more involved with her. All too often I would hear I talked to her today and she said this or that. I am not sure what I could have or should have done, or even if it would have made a difference.
I often wonder if I gave up somewhere along the way. Did I give up on him? I know I often gave up on myself. Did I give up on my marriage? I never wanted to walk a road toward divorce, but somewhere along the way I allowed myself to go down that path.
Right now I am trying best to figure out how to stop some of the pain. I know that there is no way to completely close the door to the pain, but I would like to slow it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you are someone walking in the shadows of an affair I do hope that you have found some encouragement. If you just know someone who is dealing with these issues, I do hope that you can find a little more understanding.