My friend's mom said that to her today and she posted it on her facebook. Wow how true is that.
So here I stand, on the verge of divorce. Something I swore to myself I would never do. Yet here I am, papers are ready (as far as I know) to be filed. With my luck at doing this I will get to the courthouse and be told that there is something else I have to do. Last time I tried though I was told my paperwork was all in order, I just needed to go to a different courthouse.
My husband had asked (his words begged) to come home a few months ago. I so went back and forth in my mind over to let him come home or not. I really wanted him to get his own place for a few months so we could start working things out. His words at one point were "I will do whatever it takes to win your heart." "We will take this as slow as as you need." But that doesn't seem to be what happened.
One thing I am thankful for is I really feel like in the end, he sees what love really is, and although he is choosing to take a different path, he knows I love him, and I know if he were to be honest with himself he would see that he is a lot more "in love" with me than he realizes.
But the door will close and I will move on. I will be thankful for the years we had together. I am thankful for the support that he gave me in home schooling, and with my home births. He was my rock and my friend. I am glad I made the choice to marry him way back when. That was a day that I will hold in my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you are someone walking in the shadows of an affair I do hope that you have found some encouragement. If you just know someone who is dealing with these issues, I do hope that you can find a little more understanding.