I have been struggling for the last few weeks of trying to find a balance between no longer being hurt by my husband's actions and completely cutting him out of my life and yet still trying to respect him as the man I have been married to for 20 years.
I do not want to be the one that keeps him from seeing the kids, because of my choices. Yet I don't want to protect him from the heartbreak of the broken relationship that he now has with (especially) the 3 oldest kids who hear and see more than they should, without me saying a word. I want him to stay involved in the kids lives, but yet he says and does things that are more damaging to his relationship with them than he realizes.
I have tried over the years to respect my husband as I felt that the bible called me to. Now I am not sure what that means for me. I don't want to become the bitter ex-wife who always speak poorly of her her ex-husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you are someone walking in the shadows of an affair I do hope that you have found some encouragement. If you just know someone who is dealing with these issues, I do hope that you can find a little more understanding.