Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The hardest part

Right now the hardest part of this road is seeing the unwillingness to try. Shame and guilt are horrible. Yes, there is guilt that comes from doing wrong, it is to cause us to repent. But when we allow that guilt to keeps us from turning around that guilt can become something no longer to turn us around.

In our own mind we can allow the lies of the enemy and of this world to take what should cause us to repent, and turn the guilt into something that holds us down. Too often then that guilt causes pain and again instead of turning around we start to run. We run from the pain, or we try to hide the pain, or cover the pain even lash out that others are the cause of our pain.

When you are the one standing there holding out love and forgiveness, you are left feeling helpless. That is where I am standing. Knowing the truth is these are not choices I can force on anyone. These are choices I can not change. I can just stand here watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you are someone walking in the shadows of an affair I do hope that you have found some encouragement. If you just know someone who is dealing with these issues, I do hope that you can find a little more understanding.