Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Learning a new normal

The last 3 weeks have been a roller coaster of emotion. Lots of pain and sorrow and just trying to get through each day. It was hard. So far this week has been much calmer and I am ever so thankful.

I made a comment about how hard it was to handle the kids alone. My oldest commented back, how is that any different from how it has been? I guess he is right, I have been trying to do all the work in taking care of the kids for a while. Some of it because my husband was working nights. The thought of being a single mom still feels carries a different mindset then I had before.

So as I seek into a a new normal way of living I have to admit I am a little nervous. I am not sure what the future holds. But like the saying goes, I know who holds the future. This time in my life didn't come as a surprise to God. He has been preparing me for years for this time. He has shown me how to reach for Him, and seek Him. He has placed so many people in my life that care for me and the kids. I am so thankful to be rooted in God and that I have a church home that I have had for so many years that I (and the kids) are so supported.

I am thankful for several people in my church who have such a heart for God that they have been able to reach out to my children with love and peace and joy. Others who have come beside us and are helping us to seek God.

I am thankful that my oldest 2 have such a heart for God that they can be an example to the younger ones on seeking God during trials.

I am thankful for the love of the Father and of my children and of my church family.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful you have the support! I will be praying for you all!

    ~Megan (cmomb)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you are someone walking in the shadows of an affair I do hope that you have found some encouragement. If you just know someone who is dealing with these issues, I do hope that you can find a little more understanding.